Jelly Bean Flower Cupcakes :: Easter Ideas

Who doesn't get excited to find those last few jelly beans in the bottom of your Easter basket?  Hi, it’s Carrie Sellman from Half Baked, the cake blog for sweet inspiration.  I'm excited to be back today, sharing a fun and super easy cupcake tutorial just in time for Easter.  Today we're taking the jelly bean from basket filler to the star of the show!

In a few simple steps, your cupcakes will be blooming with beauty and ready for Easter!  (Or any other springtime celebration.)  So easy, even the kids can get involved.  Just ice the cupcakes and then provide bowls of jelly beans to your little ones.  They'll love seeing the flowers come to life... and sneaking a few jelly beans along the way!  Plus, I think these cupcakes would go perfectly with Kim's new Flower Garden Collection, don't you?

Group cupcakes on a large white plate or cake stand to create an edible centerpiece for your Easter table.  Or let a single cupcake serve as a beautiful and unique place setting for each dinner guest.

Jelly Bean Flower Cupcakes

Supplies:

• Cupcakes  (store bought, made from a mix, or baked from scratch)

• White Buttercream Icing  (store bought or homemade)

• Jelly Beans

• Yellow Sprinkles

• Edible Easter Grass

To Assemble

1. Completely cover top of cupcake with a small mound of buttercream.  Leave no cupcake exposed.  Smooth slightly.

2. Create an outer ring of 'petals' by placing jelly beans side-by-side around the outside edge of the icing.  Jelly beans will lay almost flat, sticking out of the side.  Don't worry about exact position or pushing in too far.  We will adjust them again at the end.

3. Create a second ring of jelly beans inside the first.  Start this ring so it alternates with the first ring, so beans are nestled tightly.  This row will go in on a slight angle.

4. Create a third and final ring of jelly beans.  This row will go in almost straight up.  Leave a small opening in center as you position.

5. Gently push jelly beans in more, starting at the bottom row and moving up.  Gently position until you like the final shape of your flower.

6. Put sprinkles into a small ziplock bag and trim off the tip.  Use to pour a small mound of sprinkles in center of flower.

7. Plate with edible Easter grass beneath cupcake.

TIPS:  If your jelly beans are not all the same size, use the largest ones in the outside ring of petals.  Save the smallest ones for the center.

I hope my Jelly Bean Flower Cupcakes provide a fun activity for your family and a delicious dessert for your Easter celebration!  For more baking inspiration, please come join me at Half Baked - The Cake Blog.  We currently have a fabulous giveaway going on... goodies from The TomKat Studio Shop!  Enjoy!  ~ Carrie

Related Posts

1. Heather @ Glitter and Gloss 04/02/2012

What a fun idea!

2. Easter Treats…Jelly Bean Cupcakes from Half Baked | Waiting on Martha 04/03/2012

[...] and key lime cookies, but when I saw this image of Half Baked’s jelly bean cupcakes on The TomKat Studio’s site I couldn’t help but share.  Check out the complete recipe over at TomKat, but [...]

• Julie 04/03/2012

Really cute cupcakes:) what is the paper that is around the jellybean flower?

3. Tina Dahl 04/03/2012

Super cute!

4. Holly @ Paisley Petal Events 04/03/2012

Way cute idea, Carrie! Thanks for sharing!!

• Carrie 04/03/2012

Thank you Holly!!

5. Julie 04/03/2012

I have a few questions what paper do you uuse in the jellybean flowers and i want the recipefor these please.How do you make the Easter eggs with the word Easter in three different fonts? I want the recipe for spring flower cucakes and cookeis? Thanks in advance:) As you cant tell I love you blog:)

6. Julie 04/03/2012

I have a few questions what paper do you uuse in the jellybean flowers and i want the recipefor these please.How do you make the Easter eggs with the word Easter in three different fonts? I want the recipe for spring flower cucakes and cookeis? Thanks in advance:) As you can tell I love you blog:)

7. Ashley 04/03/2012

Love these! I have a cute cupcake carrier that I've never used, and looks like it might be full of flower cupcakes tihs Easter. Thanks for sharing.

8. BertiesBakery 04/03/2012

I saw these on another website and thought they were so cute! I had to follow the link trail over here to let you know! Great idea!

9. Glory/ Glorious Treats 04/04/2012

So cute Carie!! The cupcakes look delicious and so perfect for Easter, and the styling is gorgeous too!

10. Julie 04/05/2012

I am tring to find a recipe that was on your site. It was for spring cupkes that had flowers on top. Can you possibly hep? I saw them on Apri 3. Thanks:)

11. Half Baked – The Cake Blog » Jelly Bean Flower Cupcakes 04/05/2012

[...] Monday!  I’m guest blogging today over at The TomKat Studio… sharing a tutorial for these adorable Jelly Bean Flower Cupcakes!  Perfect for your [...]

12. Loco Kids: Leftover Easter Candy — Sugar Loco 04/13/2012

[...] Jelly Bean Cupcakes by Half Baked at thecakeblog.com [...]

13. 51 Easter Sweets Made Simple with Tutorials and Recipes 03/11/2013

[...] Jelly Bean Flower Cupcakes by The Tomkat [...]

14. Easter Jelly Bean Crafts « « Seattle Mamas Seattle Mamas 03/14/2013

[...] Make a cupcake even more special with jellybean flower toppers from The Cake Blog for The Tomkat Studio; [...]

15. Easter Jelly Bean Spring Flower Cupcakes | Cake Pops and Cup Cakes 03/23/2013

[...] the tom kat studio [...]

16. Happy National Jelly Bean Day! 6 Recipes You Need! - Three Loud Kids 04/22/2013

[...] Im sure this would be incredible! Then there are these adorable Jelly bean flower cupcakes by The Tomkat studio, which would be perfect for [...]

17. bean bag chairs 06/12/2014

bean bag chairs

Jelly Bean Flower Cupcakes :: Easter Ideas - The TomKat Studio

18. the best bread maker machine 06/23/2014

the best bread maker machine

Jelly Bean Flower Cupcakes :: Easter Ideas - The TomKat Studio