Hello my lovely readers! Just checking in with you to tell you what I've been up to and things I'm loving this week!
What's New with TomKat
- The next couple of weeks will be filled with prepping for photo shoots for DIY Network, HGTV and also for a local mag, Arizona Foothills! Yesterday, my home office was turned into several holiday party themes for a One Room, Three Ways feature. I think it turned out fabulous and can't wait to get the photos back from Jessica Downey. I'm so excited because we had time to put my office back together and get some shots of it as it usually is day-to-day, so I can finally show it to you! (Of course, the desk wasn't piled high with paperwork and I moved out all of the shopping bags and party stuff that usually everywhere!) It is definitely my favorite room in the house with its white furniture, my new black/white rug, frilly lamps and pillows and other girly touches! Stay tuned for photos...
- I had an amazing chat with a big brand last week that really invigorated me. As I talked with my contact and told her all about TomKat and how it all got started, I felt such a sense of pride and accomplishment. I feel like saying it all out loud and recapping all of the amazing projects I've worked on, even over the last year reminded me and inspired me to keep working hard and looking out for new partnerships and opportunities. Sometimes, as I go, go, go I forget to stop and really take it all in. Sometimes I need to take a deep breath and really enjoy every moment of this crazy path I've been on. I got off of the phone call with a huge, giggly smile about the road ahead!
- We are working on our annual Holiday Gift Guide! We can't wait to put it all together and help make your holiday shopping easier this year. With gift collages handpicked by our favorite bloggers and friends, we hope to share some new and unique gift ideas to make this season even more fabulous! We have great advertising opportunities available in the publication, read more here.
- We launched our new shop design last week! I've been working on it for awhile now, wanting to streamline it and make it easier to navigate. If you haven't checked it out yet, please visit! I would love to hear what you think! I've been adding new products and also new categories to the shop. Be sure to check out our new Stationery section and For Your Home section! I have tons of new products in that I need to photograph and get uploaded. I just need to find a wee bit more time....
Links I'm Loving
- This spooky Halloween party inspired by the movie, Birds and styled by Camille Styles is absolutely amazing.
- Tanya from Save the Date for Cupcakes put together a feature for People.com with fabulous Halloween cupcake ideas and used our cute orange polka dot baking/candy cups! Check it out here.
- I am in love with this line of faux fur items from Restoration Hardware Baby & Child and it's on sale right now! I wanted the white fur vest for Kate for our family photos, but it couldn't get here in time. However, I spotted a brown one at Target that did the trick and turned out quite cute!
- Speaking of family photos, my super stylish friend/photographer, Vicki informed me that the denim shirt is back in style. Yep, it's true. Now, I'm seeing them everywhere! So, I took her advice and picked up this shirt at the Gap for our family photos. Paired it with cream corduroy jeggings (is that really a word?) and my favorite brown boots from last year.
- Our lovely friend, Becki from Whippy Cake just launched a brand new line of rhinestone headbands, called Cross Your Heart and I'm swooning over the gorgeous photos. Use promo code "crossed" to get 20% off. We are looking forward to working with Becki next week on a shoot that I've been dreaming about for months.
- My mom returns from vacation today, and I just wanted to share this adorable print with her...and you. Send the link to your mom too, she'll love it. (source unknown)
Have a fabulous week, friends!