Nov 21, 2012
Before you head out for your long, relaxing Thanksgiving weekend, I thought I would share a few things that caught my eye this week and update you on what's going on at The TomKat Studio!
Links I'm Loving
- With the craziness of the Monday launch of our gift guide, I missed posting for Cupcake Monday. To make up for it, check out these Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Toasted Marshmallow Frosting from Annie's Eats. WOW....don't those sound delicious? If Annie is sharing the recipe, I'm sure they will be!
- If you like all things shiny and sparkly, you're going to love this Merry Metallics board we created last night on Pinterest! (see above for two of my favorite pins from the party!) Kelly from The Party Dress and I are hosting a weekly Holiday Entertaining Series and would love for you to join in the fun. For more information, click here. Next week, we'll be pinning the best ideas for Christmas Parties for Kids. You can start following the board here.
- Loving this Candy Cane idea roundup by my Australia friend, Sharnel Dollar. Gorgeous photos, easy ideas for celebrating the holidays in red + white!
- My sweet friend, Kristyn from Lil Luna designed this free "Count Your Blessing" chalkboard printable and it's just darling. Sometimes we just need a little reminder!
What's New at The TomKat Studio
- Just in case you haven't been around the past couple days, you may have missed the launch of our 2012 Holiday Gift Guide! The response so far has been overwhelmingly wonderful! With additional content this year, not only will you find great gift ideas, but also delicious recipes and tons of free printable gift tag designs from our amazing group of contributors. Check it out here.
- My husband and I spent the weekend away in Philadelphia for our friend, Josh's wedding! The wedding was black tie and no expense was spared. It was by far the fanciest wedding I've ever attended and I'm kicking myself that I decided not to bring my good camera. We didn't know anyone there, but quickly made some great new friends to hang out with all weekend from Josh's hometown in Minnesota. I posted a few photos here on Facebook.
- It's official. Operation Shower is coming to The Phoenix Open in January and we're leading the creative styling and design of the event! If you're local, I may be calling on you to help with this incredible baby shower hosted by this amazing organization! More details coming soon. Check out another Operation Shower event we helped with last year in San Diego. Such a wonderful experience!
- I just signed on to do more fabulous projects for HGTV in the coming year. I'm honored and thankful to be partnering with such an amazing brand and company. Have you checked out the new HGTV magazine that launched earlier this year? I'm LOVING it. You can get a free trial issue right here.
- Did anyone notice that we added fabulous monogrammed iPhone cases to the shop? We added them in and forgot to tell you! Check them out here. I think you're going to love them! Order soon for holiday gift giving!
- Our oh-so-popular gold and silver twine is back in stock! I'll for sure be using it for my gift wrapping this year.
- Before I call it a day and head into the holiday weekend, I have a meeting today to help with ideas for a very special 7th birthday party at this amazing location!
- Don't spend all of your Christmas money on Black Friday, because we'll be having a CYBER MONDAY SALE in the shop that you won't want to miss!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, friends!
I am so thankful for you!