Your cart is empty.
Nov 01, 2012
photo via crate paper
I am loving working on these posts! I hope you enjoy them, too. It allows me to share all the things going on here at The TomKat Studio, as well as share fabulous things I've come across the web. It's been a crazy busy week here!
What's New with TomKat
- We worked on a gorgeous shoot for HGTV on Tuesday. We shot it on location at The Inspirador, a local wedding and event venue in Downtown Chandler. While I haven't received the photos back from ten22 studio, I have a feeling this may be one of my favorite shoots we've ever done! It included my very favorite color (you know what that is, right?) paired with gold, tons of frills and ruffles and lots of desserts and champagne. What could be better? My darling friend, Becki from Whippy Cake joined us for the shoot to style the models (including herself) and we always have so much fun together! My amazing team was on hand the night before and we ended up having an impromptu slumber party to prep and stayed up until 3am crafting and baking! Have I mentioned I love my 'job"?
- Today, I am taking down Halloween and quickly decorating our family room for Christmas! My family & I are going to be featured in the December issue of Arizona Foothills Magazine and they are coming to our home this afternoon for the shoot! I have quite a bit to do today to say the least. Decorate the house and then go find clothes for all of us to wear. Wish me luck!
- I'll be sharing all of the photos and details from our DIY Network feature: One Room, Three Ways for the Holidays very soon! I shared a peek of the first theme yesterday, Holiday Glam here on Facebook. I am so happy with how it all turned out!
- Don't forget to enter our latest giveaway from Itzy Ritzy! Their innovative baby + kid products are loved by celebrities. Did you see Bradley Cooper carrying a baby seat with their cover? Hello cuteness. Today is the last day to enter. Enter here.
- We are having so much fun working on this year's Holiday Gift Guide! We have some fabulous contributors who will be sharing not only gift ideas, but recipes for baked goods for gift giving! I can't wait for it to all come together for your browsing pleasure. We have a very limited amount of advertising space left, so if you would like information and to be considered for participation, please email [email protected] soon!
- I am so behind on shooting new fabulous products for the shop! A few new things that we have added recently: yellow polka dot baking cups, lilac polka dot baking cups, lilac stripes baking cups, wooden rock candy sticks, and my favorite glitter set ever!
Links I'm Loving
Ez from Creature Comforts shared the blog, Crate Paper yesterday and oh my, is it filled with gorgeous packaging ideas! With the holidays coming up, I'm on the lookout to find some new ideas beyond my standard wrap and ribbon I usually do. I'll share what I find!
- I have a newfound love of GOLD. I was always a "silver" person as far as jewelry, decor, etc. But I'm seriously obsessing over gold right now. Maybe it's our gold twine that inspired me, but we used gold in the holiday shoot last week, the shoot Tuesday and I'm using gold as part of my holiday decorating this year. Are you loving the gold trend too?
- Speaking of gold, our darling friend Lisa Leonard just launched a new GOLD jewelry line I'm loving it! This is my favorite piece from the collection.
- My friends at Chronicle Books just sent me a copy of Blog Inc. by Joy Deangdeelart Cho and I can't wait to read it and share my thoughts about it with you. I am always interested in getting new ideas and inspiration about the business of blogging. I hope to one day share my own experience and advice on this topic....and with that....
- I spotted this art print on Pinterest and love it. It's so true and I'm so lucky to be doing exactly that!
Happy November, friends!