Hello sweet friends. It’s Jessica here and I’m thrilled to share with you a frozen treat today that is sure to delight your littles. These Rainbow Sprinkles Surprise Pops are the perfect way to either wrap up Summer or greet your kids at the end of the school day. The hidden Oreo™ cookie in the bottom adds an element of surprise to these darling ice cream pops! These super cute and super easy bite-sized treats are also perfectly adorable for your next Rainbow themed celebration! See the detailed instructions and material list at the bottom of the post.
MATERIALS NEEDED for 12 Rainbow Sprinkles Surprise Pops:
12 Rainbow Mix Candy Cups
12 Mini Wood Ice Cream Spoons
1/2 Gallon of Vanilla Ice Cream
12 Regular Oreo® Cookies – Double Stuff will be TOO thick for the insertion of the wood spoon – trust me!
Ziploc Bag for piping softened ice cream
Large Cup or Bowl to hold the Ziploc bag when you aren’t using it
INSTRUCTIONS (you’ll be working quickly to assemble and freeze)
1. Allow the ice cream to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
2. While the ice cream is softening, arrange Rainbow Candy Cups on a small tray or cookie sheet. Be sure the size of the tray will transfer easily to your freezer.
3. Gather the Oreos®, sprinkles and wood spoons and have them ready for the quick assembly process.
4. Using a large kitchen spoon, transfer the ice cream from container to a Ziploc bag and seal.
5. Snip off a corner of the Ziploc bag with scissors and pipe a small amount of ice cream into the bottom of each candy cup.
6. Press an Oreo® cookie into the piped ice cream without pushing it all the way to the bottom of the cup, unless you prefer to be able to see the Oreo® when it’s unwrapped.
7. Pipe on more ice cream until the candy cup is filled. If needed, use the back of a small spoon to smooth and level the ice cream. Be sure to leave just enough room to add sprinkles without having them spill over the edge of the candy cup.
8. Insert wooden spoon.
9. Add rainbow sprinkles to the top of the ice cream. I recommend doing this while standing over a sink or trash can.
10. Make sure your spoons are standing up straight and then place the completed Surprise Pops in freezer for 2-4 hours or until frozen solid.(If preparing for a party, overnight may be your best option).
11. Just before serving, dump off any loose sprinkles from each Surprise Pop that did not adhere during freezing.
11. Serve immediately.
Guests can easily unwrap the Surprise Pop and devour immediately. For guests who prefer to eat them with a spoon, DO NOT PEEL the candy cup off. Allow the ice cream to soften enough to remove the spoon. Either way, the Oreo™ Surprise inside is sure to create a lot of smiles.
Visit my blog for the DIY on creating the Rainbow Dot Mini Wood Spoons!