Oh Baby! :: Decorating with Shutterfly

shutterfly_baby_0069

Oh Baby! I had so much fun creating ideas perfect for a baby room for Shutterfly this month! There are so many home decor items you can utilize for a nursery or child's room. You can incorporate photos, graphic designs and your child's name to create one-of-kind items to display. I decided on a simple, modern theme for this nursery design using white, black and aqua. I started by creating this BABY LOVE framed canvas. I will be working on the design in multiple colors so you can use it to make your own.

shutterfly_baby_0073

My favorite item of this group was the wall decal! I used Shutterfly's 48" x 36" wall decal and created a simple circle design with Kate's first and middle names. It turned out SO cute! The decal is made of high quality fabric and went on the wall really easily. It is re-usable, so I may just have to use it in Kate's room when we redecorate!

shutterfly_baby_0002

I created two pillow designs..one with a simple striped heart and the other with SWEET BABY on an aqua background. It is so fun to customize designs and to be able to use them on amazing professionally made products. (email me for templates if you would like them!)

shutterfly_baby_0038

shutterfly_baby_0017

I absolutely loved the photo cubes I did of my kids (see them here) so I decided to make a set perfect for a baby room. For these, I put the striped heart on two sides, spelled out a name on the front sides, added cute aqua circle graphics with inspiring words and then added a black and white baby photo to the top of each. These would be such a cute baby shower gift.

shutterfly_baby_0104

shutterfly_baby_0116

shutterfly_baby_0079

I had fun shopping for cute, coordinating items for this nursery setup. Look at these adorable polka dot baby sunglasses!

shutterfly_baby_0089

Visit Shutterfly to create your own fabulous home decor projects!

I couldn't resist having Kate jump into a photo with her name decal up!

shutterfly_baby_0059

ALL PHOTOS BY RENNAI HOEFER, TEN22 STUDIO

THIS IS A SPONSORED POST. THE TOMKAT STUDIO HAS RECEIVED PAYMENT, TRADE AND/OR PRODUCTS FROM SHUTTERFLY IN EXCHANGE FOR PROMOTING, HOWEVER ALL OPINIONS STATED ARE MY OWN.

1. Michelle 10/08/2013

Beautiful styling! Love the black and white with pops of aqua! So modern and fun! Those blocks are just adorable!!

• Kim 10/23/2013

Thank you so much, Michelle! This was so much fun to create!

2. Tina 10/08/2013

Oh Kim....just awesome! Love the color combo and the fresh, clean and unfussy design. Love that for a baby's room. And Miss Kate, she looks so pretty :)

• Kim 10/23/2013

Thank you, Tina!

3. Janet 10/08/2013

Love it all! Wondering where you got the chevron tray and striped storage bench? Can I please get the templates as I'd like to try my hand at this. Thx!

• Kim 10/23/2013

Hi Janet!
      I bought the bench on Joss + Main, and tray on Gilt! I will keep my eye out to see if they are on there again and post if they are.
      I will be working on the templates and also offering custom design on these items!
      Kim

4. Andrea Worley 10/08/2013

Love those name blocks, such a cool idea!

• Kim 10/23/2013

Thank you, sweet Andrea!

5. Jessica 10/11/2013

This is so sweet and simple, exactly how a nursery should be. Would love any shopping resources. I'm curious about the striped bench. Beautiful work Kim!

• Kim 10/23/2013

Thank you, Jessica!
      I bought the striped bench on Joss + Main!

6. Tina 10/11/2013

Kim-Did you create the graphic for the wall decal, then uploaded that file to Shutterfly instead of a photo?

• Kim 10/23/2013

7. Laura 10/20/2013

Hi Kim,

I've downloaded you're heart with the love saying on it to make the photo cubes. I'm obsessed and in love with the stripe heart and want to make another with that image. Is there a link to download it?

Thanks for all your creativeness!!!

• Kim 10/23/2013

Hi Laura!
      I am working on making the templates available for download. Please check back next week!

8. Ashley 10/22/2013

Beautiful room! I would love the pillow and cube templates to recreate for my room! So happy I stumbled upon your blog!

Ashley

• Kim 10/23/2013

Thank you so much, Ashley! I'm working on making the templates available!

9. kathleen 10/23/2013

I would love the templates for the heart & sweet baby pillows. they are so sweet! thank you.

10. Inger Luff 10/23/2013

So beautifully crisp and soothing! Love every single thing! What a beautiful job!!

11. Lindsey 11/13/2013

I had no idea they had decals like that. And made of fabric! I definitely need like 10 of those!

12. rachel 01/03/2014

Is the "Baby Love" template available anywhere? I'd love to use it!

13. Angie 01/12/2014

Where can I find the templates for the stripe hearts? THANKS!

14. TC Flanders 04/29/2014

Hi Kim! I am in the process of decorating the nursery for our second little girl. I love the circle wall decal and the pillows, and the baby love print. Do you have these somewhere to download- will I be able to change the colors? Rori's room will be white, grey/silver, and teal. Thanks so much!

15. Katelyn 01/06/2015

Love this room! What font did you use on the blocks?