Thanksgiving Table Settings :: Entertaining with Shutterfly

shutterfly_thanks_0021

I'm back today with more fabulous Shutterfly projects! These projects were so much fun because we (Shutterfly brand ambassadors) were asked to create Fall tablescape ideas. Right up my alley! I chose to design items in a gray, black and white color scheme for Thanksgiving! I created plates, ceramic mugs and metal ornaments (as napkin rings) for my first place setting. I also designed placemats, coasters and smaller mugs for the more child-friendly setting. Let's start with the plates....my favorite item! I love customized plates like this and thought it would be so fun to design my own. I designed mine in Microsoft Publisher, saved as a jpeg and uploaded to Shutterfly, as you would a photo. I used the All About Us Plate to be able to upload a full design for the plate. I made one for each of us (Tommy, Kate, Mommy and Daddy). Instructions for downloading my designs to use on Shutterfly are at the end of this post!

shutterfly_thanks_0007

The next items I created were these darling photo napkin rings, which are actually metal ornaments from Shutterfly. For this design, select the Classic Stripes Square Metal Ornament, then simply upload your photo and add your text. Then, you can choose your font from a great list of fonts they offer. I used Carolyna Pro Black ~ one of my faves!  These are fantastic because you can use them on the Christmas tree after Thanksgiving. Double duty!

shutterfly_thanks_0016

shutterfly_thanks_0029

Everyone loves a good mug and Shutterfly mugs are fantastic! It's all about the size and handle, right? I love the 15oz. Shutterfly mugs (and I may have just had the TomKat logo put on one, too!) I created this design using a cute turkey silhouette and gray linen background. We decided to use them to hold some pretty white flowers for the table. To upload your own design to a mug, use the Photo Gallery Mug template. Instructions to get my design to upload are below.

shutterfly_thanks_0011

Here are a few more ideas for incorporating Shutterfly home decor into your tablescape...

shutterfly_thanks_0040

These placemats are so much fun! I continued my turkey theme and created two designs for these 11"x17" laminated placemats (happy thanksgiving + gobble gobble). To upload a full design, use the Photo Gallery Placemat template.  Instructions for downloading my designs below.

shutterfly_thanks_0043

This is another mug template I designed that says "I am thankful for you". This design is shown on the 11oz Photo Gallery mug. Great for filling with goodies as a gift, too! Instructions below for downloading the design.

shutterfly_thanks_0041

I thought it would be fun to create some simple, stylish coasters using the silhouette turkey. It made the perfect focal point for this place setting. Instructions to download my design are below.

shutterfly_thanks_0046

shutterfly_thanks_0061

PHOTOS29

thanksgiving

Options for downloading these FREE Thanksgiving designs:

1. Download from DropBox. Use this link to download.

2. Email us and we will email you the zip file.

3. For the customized name plates, you can either download our templates, then add the name yourself (if you have a program like Picasa or Photoshop) or we can customize the design for you for a small fee. Contact us for details.

If you have any questions at all about recreating these designs using Shutterfly, please don't hesitate to comment or email us!

Click here to see all of the amazing items you can create on Shutterfly!

PROJECT PHOTOS BY RENNAI HOEFER, TEN22 STUDIO

FAMILY PHOTOS BY VICKI LYNN PHOTOGRAPHY

THIS IS A SPONSORED POST. THE TOMKAT STUDIO HAS RECEIVED PAYMENT, TRADE AND/OR PRODUCTS FROM SHUTTERFLY IN EXCHANGE FOR PROMOTING, HOWEVER ALL OPINIONS STATED ARE MY OWN.

Related Posts

1. Jessica 11/08/2013

Omgoodness!! So in love with everything about this Kim!!
    Everything is perfect - as always. I'm LOVING the metal "Napkin" Ring idea that doubles as a tree ornament!

• Kim 11/08/2013

Thank you, sweet Jess!

2. Andrea Worley 11/08/2013

Everything is so beautiful Kim! I love the plates, so personal and I love personal items like this in my home. Beautiful job.

• Kim 11/08/2013

Thank you, Andrea!

3. Michelle 11/08/2013

LOVE the look of this. Simple and modern take on a thankful day! Beautiful!

4. Tina 11/08/2013

LOVE the ornaments Kim. I will for sure do these :) Awesome job!!

5. Stephanie caswell 11/08/2013

Kim, can you please share the font names that you used for the NAME on the Plate and napkin Rings?

• Kim 11/08/2013

Sure! I used Liebe Erika Regular for the name on the plate and the napkin ring font is Carolyna Pro Black. Both are fonts available for customizing Shutterfly products!

6. kim chiurazzi 11/08/2013

These are absolutely adorable ideas for Thanksgiving, Kim. Thanks for sharing them with us.

• Kim 11/14/2013

Thank you, Kim!

7. Weekend Links - terriingraham.com 11/08/2013

[…] Really cute Thanksgiving table setting ideas from Tom Kat Studios and Shutterfly. […]

8. Jodi 11/09/2013

Would you mind sharing the font you used for the rest of the items…the gobble, gobble! I love it and would like to make some Christmas ornaments using it! Great job as always!! I love how Classy this Thanksgiving spread is!

• Kim 11/14/2013

Hi Jodi!
      The font is called Carolyna Pro Black.
      Have fun designing!

9. Sharon @ Red Poppy | Pink Peony 11/09/2013

I love your designs, and would not have guessed these items were from Shutterfly! They seem traditional and modern at the same time, which is my favorite style!

• Kim 11/14/2013

Thank you for your sweet words, Sharon!

10. Lindsey 11/13/2013

Those plates are TO. DIE. FOR. What a dreamy Thanksgiving set up!

• Kim 11/14/2013

Thank you, Lindsey!

11. Jill Greenlaw 11/13/2013

Loved your table decorating ideas. I love the personalized napkin rings. It is bound to make everyone feel super special and loved.

• Kim 11/14/2013

Thanks so much, Jill. So glad you like the ideas!

12. Jennifer @ Double the Fun Parties 11/14/2013

These are stunning, Kim. One of my favorite things you've done.

• Kim 11/14/2013

Oh so sweet, Jennifer! I sincerely appreciate that! These projects are so much fun to work on!

13. Jenn 11/22/2013

I love everything!! I especially love the placemats on the main place setting. I have been looking for felt placemats for my home forever. May I ask where you got yours?

Beautiful work!!

14. Eryn 12/08/2013

The plates are awesome! Are they black or a grey?? thanks! :-)

• Kim 12/09/2013

Hi Eryn,
      The plates are gray. ;)
      Kim

15. Shutterfly Holiday Plate Designs :: Free Downloads | The TomKat Studio 12/10/2013

[…] was so happy with how much you loved the Thanksgiving plates I designed for Shutterfly, that I couldn’t resist designing a few fun plate designs for the […]

16. 13 Amazing Thanksgiving Table Decor - 08/14/2014

[…] stick it into your napkin holder, as I did { source } I adore this black and white table setting {source}  …simply beautiful… ♥  the yellow and blue pumpkins {source} […]

17. Lorraine Willwerth 09/21/2014

You are so talented! This whole page is gorgeous! Are the white birch straws handmade? (The one in the mason jar)

18. 45 DIY Fall and Thanksgiving Table Ideas for Entertaining - DIY for Life 10/01/2014

[…] Found on thetomkatstudio.com […]

19. La Donna 11/11/2014

Are these still available for customization?? Lovely!

20. Robin 11/22/2014

I love love love the plates! I have created psd plate template from your download. What is the product name on shutterfly? What type of file do you upload to make it? jpeg?

21. Kat Mack 11/23/2014

I love your mini pumpkin... did you paint those or are they made of wood and just painted that way? Would love to paint some gourds for the table that way.. if you did paint them would you mind sharing the way you did it and paint colors? Much thanks, and well done! Ordered the plates last week!

• Kim 11/23/2014

Hi Kat,
      They pumpkin came that way! :)

22. michelle climent 10/19/2015

please, can i have the name of the silverware used in the top photo…i love it and i have searched for something similar…..would you be willing to share the style and brand?…thanks so much, michelle