I LOVE the start of a new year! The energy and excitement of a fresh start is so motivating! We've been home a couple of days now from our Flagstaff vacation and since the moment we walked in the door, I have been working nonstop to organize my life. My home office was a disaster since we moved in last year and I finally cleaned it out, organized and decorated it this weekend! I have been buying cute art and pieces for it for the past year (like this darling brass desk lamp) but never got it done. Unlike my home office in our last home, it's just a little room with one small window, but it is close to the hub-bub of daily life, so I can be around when the kids need me. But since any size space can be made cute, it was definitely time to make that happen. When I walked into it this morning, I got a big smile on my face. We'll see how long I can keep it neat so maybe I can have Rennai take a few pics to share. It makes such a huge difference for me to have a clean, organized space to work in everyday. I highly suggest taking some time to make your creative space inviting and organized!
WOW! What a year 2015 was for The TomKat Studio. Some highlights include: continuing to work on incredible styling/photo shoot opportunities with amazing brands (see post list below), styling Operation Shower at the Phoenix Open (third year in a row), attending the BASH conference (I'll be there again next week!) and the Inspired Retreat (twice!), finding my tribe (#inspiredcoterie) and at the end of the year, taking a huge leap and partnering with Studio Calico to launch a new shop site, TomKat products, the TomKat Party Builder + TK Tee subscription! If you missed any of the brand photo shoots I created this year, alongside my fabulous photographer, Rennai Hoefer, be sure to check out this list of posts! Most include fabulous party, entertaining and crafting inspiration along with lots of free printable designs!
- Valentine's Day Brunch for Simply Juice
- Valentine's Day Projects for Cricut Explore
- Minted Strawberry Party at Mom 2.0
- Baby Shower Projects for Cricut Explore
- Wedding Display Ideas for California Milk
- Flamingo Summer Editor Party for Shutterfly
- Girls' Night In for Zoës Kitchen
- 4th of July Cocktails for Seagram's Escapes
- Circus Birthday Party for Zoës Kitchen
- Girls' Night Italian Dinner for Buitoni Pasta
- Game Day Party for Zoës Kitchen
- 3 Halloween Mantels for DIY Network
- Monster High Halloween Party for Mattel
- Winter Peppermint Party for Dreyer's Ice Cream
- Holiday Dinner Party for Zoës Kitchen
- Holiday Party Ideas for California Milk
I am looking forward to 2016 and all of the new, creative opportunities it brings!
I hope you are too!