Hello TomKat Studio friends!! The holiday season is in full force. Let’s keep our names off the naughty list by avoiding the less-than-lady-like things we might mumble under our breath out of frustration with complicated gift ideas. Simple is always better. So how about a super simple ADORABLE gift giving idea that can be used as a stocking stuffer, class party favor, or how about a secret santa gift idea. I was inspired to whip up these Mini Hot Cocoa Gift Cups as soon as I laid eyes on these incredibly charming Kraft Ripple Mini Cups from the TKS shop. The mini beverage lids are just TOO cute for words. Here’s what you’ll need…
MATERIALS NEEDED: Makes 8 mini gifts
8 – Kraft Ripple Mini 4oz. Cups (with beverage lids)
8 – Mini ziploc bags (for hot cocoa and marshmallows) You can also find these in your local craft store.
8 – Mini candy canes - Target and the Dollar Store are great places to pick these up.
1 – Bag of Mini Marshmallows – about 5 marshmallows per gift
8 – Hershey’s Kisses
Red Baker’s Twine (or ribbon)
Printable Hot Cocoa Instructions (to place inside cup)
2.25″ Round Paper Punch (for round Hot Cocoa Instructions to be placed inside cup)
Powdered Hot Cocoa Mix – homemade or store-bought (2 heaping TBSP. per Mini Cup)
1. Print off FREE Printable Hot Cocoa Instructions and trim to size with Paper Punch.
OPTIONAL: Print the FREE Holiday Mini Cup Wrappers and trim to size. Wrap around mini cups and secure using double stick tape or hot glue.
2. Wrap with Baker’s Twine (attach mini silver bell if desired).
3. Divide 5 marshmallows into 8 mini ziploc bags.
4. Measure 2 heaping TBSP. of Hot Cocoa Powder into Mini Ziploc Bag. (use a funnel for no-mess success).
5. Insert 1 hot cocoa packet, 1 mini marshmallow packet, 1 mini candy cane, and 1 Hershey’s kiss into mini cup.
6. Place the pre-punched Instructions Tag on top of items in cup (see photo above) and attach beverage lid.
Tie on a Mini Wooden Spoon for added “cute” factor
Label this as “Snowman Soup” for the kids.
Use the dehydrated mini marshmallows instead – they are my favorite!