Around this time two years ago, I became addicted to Oreo Cookie Balls. I mean seriously, these things are so delicious. You can get the standard recipe (and free printable!) from when I blogged about them before. So, when Oreo contacted me a couple weeks ago about adding a twist on the basic recipe, you know I said, “well, of course!”. Any excuse to make more of these dangerous treats! So, Molly came over and we tested recipes and came up with a Peanut Butter version (you know me and my love for peanut butter + chocolate). I’m pretty sure I ate 10 of these that day (oops…not really on that Paleo diet I started last week). Oh well, I enjoy holiday treats way too much to try eating healthy right now. These just make me happy.
Peanut Butter Oreo Balls
- 1 (16 ounce) package OREO Sandwich Cookies
- 5 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 Tablespoons Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Baker’s Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- wooden sticks
- Crush entire package of cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese and peanut butter; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into balls, about 1-inch in diameter. Makes approximately 40 balls.
- Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.)
- Melt peanut butter chips and put in a pastry bag or ziploc bag. Cut a small hole in the tip of the bag and drizzle melted peanut butter chips on each oreo truffle ball.
- Stick wooden stick into each ball.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator until ready to serve.
You can find the wood sticks here in our shop!