Have you ever made a dessert in a slow cooker? I never have, but I always wanted to try one! Bella Housewares recently asked us to try out a slow cooker from the gorgeous Linea Collection. I’ve seen the Bella line locally and love the amazing colors these appliances come in. I opted for the gray model, just to be sure it coordinates with all of the many parties we host, though I really love the green!
There are so many delicious looking slow cooker dessert recipes out there, but today we tested a Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Cake recipe from Better Homes and Gardens. You all know how much I love peanut butter and chocolate so a warm pudding cake topped with vanilla ice cream is right up my alley. We doubled the recipe since it mentions a 3.5-4 quart slow cooker, while the Bella Linea is 5 quarts. One thing we love about this slow cooker because it is programmable. Also, the lid locks which is fantastic if you are taking it to a party!
- 30-minute to 20-hour timer auto-shifts to warm on completion
- Hinged locking lid seals in food for no spills transportation
- Removable dishwasher-safe stoneware pot for easy serving
Triple Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pudding Cake
- Lightly coat the inside of a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, 1/3 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, and baking powder. Add chocolate milk, oil, and vanilla; stir just until moistened. Stir in peanut butter pieces, chocolate pieces, and peanuts. Spread batter evenly in the prepared cooker.
- In another medium bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder. Gradually stir in boiling water. Carefully pour cocoa mixture over batter in cooker.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Remove liner from cooker, if possible, or turn off cooker. Let stand, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes to cool slightly. To serve, spoon pudding cake into dessert dishes. If desired, top with ice cream and chocolate bar pieces.
recipe via better homes and gardens
We baked it 2.5 hours on high in the Bella Linea and it turned out great. I now understand the appeal of “baking” dessert in a slow cooker. The texture turned out like a mix of cake and brownies, yet it maintained a “pudding layer” at the bottom of the cooker. It was very rich, but very yummy with the ice cream on top!
You can find more details about the Bella Linea Slow Cooker Collection here. (available at Walmart, $34.99)